Need help again, please.

7romero1

At work I was asked if I knew what block was, this was refering to Allen Bradley PLC processors, and the only thing that I could think of was the older programs and processors had their programs divided up into blocks and when the program was running it would start at the first rung in Block 1 and go to the end of line rung and then to block 2 and go on this way unless there was a jump command in the block it was scanning and this jump command's rung had been satisfied and then would cause the processor to jump to another rung or block, this is if I understand it correctly, also I am pretty sure that now in the newer programs and processors it is called "Ladder" as in ladder-1, ladder-2 etc., If anyone could help me or let me know if I am wrong about how the jump command works I would be grateful.

Last edited:
Thanks, if you are right then that is not what I was thinking of, I have never seen anything like the above diagram. It is interesting , I was in the Navy for 9 years from 15 SEP 84 until 5 NOV 93 and I was an Electronics Technician, I had to learn Boolean Logic in part and in the diagram above I see a NOT Gate and OR Gate and the time on timer resembles an old J/K flip flop.

Last edited: