Really desperate again I need alot more help

Vickie,

Your problem is doubled by the fact that your SLC500 Fixed Unit does not have the following instructions: FFL, FFU, and SQL. It does have the Sequencer Output (SQO) and the Sequencer Compare (SQC). However the only way you can use these is if you first manually load values (numbers) into memory locations that represent the sequencer.

For your Simple Simon game, you need the Sequencer Load operation to be done by the PLC. Because the SQL instruction is not availabe on the SLC500-L20 series, you will have to set up a counter that counts each time the PLC "moves", then use the counter value as an index to determine where the next random number (color) is stored. Then when ready to "play back" (unload) the Sequencer, you can use the SQO instruction to step through the sequence. It may be just as easy to use Count Up and Count Down Counters for both Sequence Load and Sequence Unload.

PS: The Error light should be triggered when the Player makes a mistake and does not follow the sequence correctly. Five seconds after an error (blinking red light), an automatic Reset is performed.

Last edited:
Vickie,
After studying this problem, I think you need to simplify the game rules a whole bunch. The reason is that your LogixPro simulator is limited in how many instructions you can use. I ran out while trying to program the original rules. I suggest the following:

REVISED Rules for Simon Says, PLC Version
The Player pushes the “Start” pushbutton. After “Start” is pressed, four random colors will light in sequence, one after another. Then the PLC turns on the "Player's Turn" light and waits for the player to make the next move. The player must then repeat the four colors by pressing the corresponding colors. If player presses the correct pushbuttons, then the "Player Wins!" light comes on.

If the player does not repeat the color correctly, the "Error" light comes on. To reset the game, press the "Reset" pushbutton. The light colors generally follow the wiring color codes.

I/O List

Input Desc. Connected to PLC Input

On (Start Game) I:1/0
Yellow Pushbutton I:1/1
Green Pushbutton I:1/2
Blue Pushbutton I:1/3
White Pushbutton I:1/4
Reset Pushbutton I:1/6

Output Desc. Connected to PLC Output

Error (Blinking Red) Light O:2/0
Yellow Light O:2/1
Green Light O:2/2
Blue Light O:2/3
White Light O:2/4
Orange Blinking Light O:2/6 (Player's Turn Indicator)
Any Color O:2/7 (Player Wins Indicator

Vickie,

So how is the project going? I suppose you have been busier than a one-armed paper-hanger.

You got questions...we got answers.

Going good so far :) I have been busy need to buy parts for the project so that I can build it. Plus finishing all the logixpro exercises that the teacher gave us.

thanks for all the help