Is the MicroLogix 1400 really going away?

agarb

Local Rockwell distributor was in today. He says that the MicroLogix 1400 will likely be unavailable to purchase sometime around the end of this calendar year. He says the time schedule has recently been accelerated due to the semiconductor shortage. Evidently Rockwell’s supplier no longer wishes to make certain chips required to support this product line.

Yet, Rockwell's website still seems to show "active mature" and not "end-of-life" or "discontinued" for most 1766-* and 1762-* items.

Rockwell distributor did state that the conformally coated items were recently discontinued and the website does agree with this.

Has anybody else heard this about the MicroLogix 1400 line?

I was told pretty much the same thing a week ago. Same idea - the time schedule will be accelerated due to the semiconductor shortage.

Ironically enough, it's the only Rockwell PLC I have been able to get next-day from my supplier.

heard plenty of the same.

certain buyers will be able to purchase limited amounts, but if you aren't buying them in large quantities through the year on a regular basis, then you won't be in the 'in' circle when it comes to who gets to keep purchasing what's left and is being made.

get ready to get used to the micro800 platform!

But over time maybe they will fix the software glitches and add features.

But how much time does Rockwell need to get CCW right? Seems to me they've had plenty of time already. Clumsy software and I've found the hardware (Micro 820s) isn't overly robust either.

I think my future 1400 projects will be moving to a different brand. It's too bad. The 1400 was a great tool in the box.

I also was told much the same. My supplier added that this would effectively push all RSL500 processors to EoL. I initially learned PLC programming on an MLX1000 trainer in 1993.

Isn't the Micro800 and CCW from a company in Taiwan that Rockwell just rebrands their product and has the Rockwell logo put on the popup and About screen?

I thought I'd read someone on here say that it was bought from a German company? Something about the developer being a GmbH I think.

I thought I'd read someone on here say that it was bought from a German company? Something about the developer being a GmbH I think.

Maybe it was German.

The point is Rockwell doesn't make them or write the software. They just put their name on them so they probably don't have much say on product features.

He says that the MicroLogix 1400 will likely be unavailable to purchase sometime around the end of this calendar year. He says the time schedule has recently been accelerated due to the semiconductor shortage.

I think it will be like the 5/05's once they stop making them it will be a matter of days/months that its over, the L551 was going to stop the end of the year but once they ran out of parts to make them the end of life came quick

i've had to hook up and troubleshoot a few of the lower cost plcs out there, including crouzet, micro800, koyo. Have found the software from all of them to be less than ideal, but you get what you pay for.
While we have a lot of micro1100 and a few micro1400, i am lucky that our company will allow me use the 5370-L1 series (compactlogix 1769-L1) to replace them if needed. Although for some of the smaller presses and tables, i will probably stick with the micro800.

Last edited: