Is the MicroLogix 1400 really going away?

I switched to the 5380 series. It's not a lot more expensive and has a lot of features I need, Dual separately addressable IP ports (Huge for telemetry needs), Modbus RTU and TCP, Serial, even DF1, all the expected IO and well as all the new features expected.

If there is a downside to the 5380 I haven't found it yet. I will miss the ML1400 brick format though.

Quote: "Looked for an AB VFD lately ?" I ordered 4 PF755 65 Amp drives on December 3rd. I am still waiting.....! Rockwell has changed the ship date 4 times. Now my distributor can not give me a ship date.

So I sent my distributor an e-mail after I read this thread yesterday. He immediately called me back (no paper trail) and told me that the official stance from Rockwell is that the 1400 is supported through the end of 2030 🤥, but in the same breath said that there were specific components in the 1400 that they are struggling to get. Anything they get for them right now is being air shipped in.

At the end of the conversation he basically gave me a 50/50 shot that it's going to be gone by the end of the year. So snag 'em while you can! My guy can't find any locally so I'm hitting up the ole Radwell.

My guy can't find any locally so I'm hitting up the ole Radwell.

Please dont.... $2,300.00 each is a *&^#$I(*^$# they should be put in jail

I am an hour down the road from you and I have plenty for a fraction of the cost

Please dont.... $2,300.00 each is a *&^#$I(*^$# they should be put in jail

I am an hour down the road from you and I have plenty for a fraction of the cost

If it didn't take an act of Congress to get a new company set up in our system for PO's, I might take you up on that. Always looking for a new component supplier though, so PM me if interested.

I understand, I just hate to see someone pay 2300.00 for something I sell 700.00 (L32BWAA), the highway robbery that goes on is the reason I started selling and manufacturing in the first place back in 2007 and its still going on today

Tell your supplier he just needs to look harder :)

One of the parts for the VFD's that is is short supply is the plastic beads that are used for the injection molded parts.

Just the smallest thing can break the machine.

One of the parts for the VFD's that is in short supply is the plastic beads that are used for the injection molded parts.

This has been a frustration of mine. My company produces a product that is in nearly every plastic or rubberized component. Because our company wants to reduce capital tied up in product sitting in a warehouse, we are only producing product for orders 10 days out. At this point, we are guaranteeing that we will not be able to fill customer demands in a timely manner.
So instead of trying to solve a logistics problem, we are only exacerbating it.

One of the parts for the VFD's that is is short supply is the plastic beads that are used for the injection molded parts.

Our distributor was telling us a while back that Compactlogix endcaps were going to be black because they couldn't get the grey plastic pellets. :confused:

FWIW, I asked about the ML1400. They said due to component delivery problems Rockwell had stopped taking orders. Apparently now they are taking orders but they are backordered with no delivery dates. They did say Rockwell is still planning on supporting them through at least 2030.