Need help for AB knowledge base item

jugenzhu1963

Hi all forum members,

i need the full text of item 1074125. i don't have a tech connect account. i have some issues when connect to ml1400 with win10 laptop. please help me get this answer which may fix my problem. thanks.

The PLCTalk forum has a rule against publishing Knowledgebase articles on the site itself; whatever your opinion on the cost of technical support, copyright laws and license terms are unambiguous.

That document is specific to a networking problem with certain Hewlett Packard computers with a utility called HP Velocity installed; its principal recommendation is uninstalling that utility.

The best way to get a full Knowledgebase document without a TechConnect contract is to get in touch with your local Rockwell Automation authorized distributor. There are dozens of them in Canada.

If you contact your local AB distributor they will have a Tech Connect contract and their Tech Support should be able to get you the information you need.

i post the problems and fix

background: my new laptop is hp laptop with hp velocity installed.

problems: i use the AB_ETH driver to communicate with ml1400 via ethernet cable. the ml1400 can be seen in rslinx when rslinx starts. but if i try to go online with ml1400 i got comm error and there is a red x on ml1400 in rslinx.
the ping is ok. the tcping over port 44818 is ok. i can access web page of ml1400.

fix: the hp velocity installs the NDIS 6 filter driver on laptop's NIC. it is that driver causes the problem. after deselect the driver on NIC. the issue is gone.
after i check with hp website i know the hp velocity can be uninstall from my laptop. once uninstall the hp velocity the NDIS 6 filter driver is removed from NIC. so the problem is fixed.

unanswered question: why the NDIS 6 filter drive can cause the problem?

unanswered question: why the NDIS 6 filter drive can cause the problem?

I'll give the standard Microsoft answer -

When it was programmed the programmer took some shortcuts in addressing memory or calls that interferes with other programs, drivers and Windows itself.I first heard that about Windows 3.1, and they haven't stopped using it.

When building a system every component and driver has to be compatible with every other. The new video card could interfere with the UIC. The new sound card could stop RSLinx from accessing the Ethernet port.

It has gotten better over the years, but there are still "Gotcha's"