Need help on Penal view upload

nail9394

I had upload the Panelview application to my 64M sandisk CF card, it seems to be OK, I can see it in Panelview's list, but when I try to open it in Panelbuilder32 I don't see any PVA file in the CF card, is this normal or I had done something wrong ?

Allen Bradley don't want to help me because it is not a AB memory card...... Thanks in advance.

I had browse the forum, doesn't seem anybody had the same problem

When you choose to upload a file from the terminal you are given a few choices :
Overwrite original filename, use existing filename in use by terminal and then some
retain values currently use by terminal, regardless : its normal to have a extension PVA (panelview application) file, to convert it to PBA(PanelBuilder Application) or viceversa
open PanelBuilder and do a SaveAs.... to whatever extension you prefer.

Check the card with Windows explorer and see what files (if any) are on it. It could be just saved with a different extension than what Panelbuilder is looking for (although I thought they all uploaded as .PVA files).

Are you using a PanelView Standard (black bezel, has a PCMCIA Type II slot on the back ) or a PanelView Plus (grey bezel, has a CompactFlash slot on the side) ?

The PanelView Standard terminals save *.PVA files, which can be opened in PanelBuilder32.

The PanelView Plus terminals save *.MER files, which do not generally up-convert into *.APA project files, except if they have been configured to do so (in FTView Studio 5.x) or via special recovery methods.

Check the card with Windows explorer and see what files (if any) are on it. It could be just saved with a different extension than what Panelbuilder is looking for (although I thought they all uploaded as .PVA files).

I did that, nothing shows up in window explorer, the card is empty in Windows

Are you using a PanelView Standard (black bezel, has a PCMCIA Type II slot on the back ) or a PanelView Plus (grey bezel, has a CompactFlash slot on the side) ?

The PanelView Standard terminals save *.PVA files, which can be opened in PanelBuilder32.

The PanelView Plus terminals save *.MER files, which do not generally up-convert into *.APA project files, except if they have been configured to do so (in FTView Studio 5.x) or via special recovery methods.

I use panelview standard, the upload process completeed ok, I can even see the file when I move the card to another panelview terminal, but when I try to open it in my lap top, no file of any extension show up in Window....

When you choose to upload a file from the terminal you are given a few choices :
Overwrite original filename, use existing filename in use by terminal and then some
retain values currently use by terminal, regardless : its normal to have a extension PVA (panelview application) file, to convert it to PBA(PanelBuilder Application) or viceversa
open PanelBuilder and do a SaveAs.... to whatever extension you prefer.

Problem is, when I put the card in another panelview terminal, I can see the file and possibly I can perform a download, I don't see any file of any extension when I have the card in my laptop.

Since everybody say I should be able to see and open it in the laptop computer, look like the problem is in the CF card and the adapter.

PanelView Standards format cards to FAT16 format.

You might try formatting the card in Windows to FAT16, then putting it back into the PanelView to see if the PV can read the Windows formatting.

I lost my CF to Type II adapter a few months ago... man, they're hard to find retail !