Need Help on STEP 7-Micro/WIN

muhd amru

Good day to all~
I'm new to the world of plc and programming hope u guys could assists. thanx.

I'm using STEP-Micro/WIN V4.0.8.06 with modbus library installed to program S7-200 CPU226.

my question is how do u mapped the input or output to the modbus address?
i've read all the manual and help file on how to use the modbus library instruction but cant really understand it.

i know that 10001-10128 are discrete inputs mapped to I0.0-I15.7
are they mapped by default?

can i mapped I0.0 to 10021 instead of 10001?

if i program I0.0 to set output coil V0.0 to 1, then how can i map V0.0 to modbus address 100021 for example?

i know this all are like silly question for u guys.. but can anyone help me with it? Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

Thanks and regards,

Amru

ok how about this? i've tried to construct the same program as the example in the manual but with my own modbus address and holding register add; the result, instead of MB1 = 0, i've got MB1 = 5,

what does it mean by MB1 = 5? i tried searching for the error code but can find it.. could someone please help me? is there any table for the error msg? thanks.

modbus.jpg

owh.. found it already bout the error code.. u can find it in the help files.. ><" under Modbus Master MBUS_MSG Execution Error Codes..

and for the rest im still trying.. thanx a lot guys~
u've been helpful.. =,="