Need help opening DMF, LAB, PRG program extension

denisw

Help and Hello, I got a PLC program sent to me with three files. The extensions are DMF, LAB and PRG. The program is for a Omron C200H PLC. I am using Syswin and can't open these. Is this a Omron PLC program? If so, what software created it?

I believe they are file extensions for the old Wamco software. It was a private company that wrote software to program Omron PLCs many years ago. They no longer exist.
The DMF extension is for data memories, PRG is program and LAB is a label file. You may be able to open that in notepad or word, not sure now - has been many years since I last used it.
The program you have will not be compatible with any official Omron programming software.
The program was called CAPS (computer aided programming software).
If you do a search here for CAPS you will find many references to it.

I did some more research and found out that you are correct it is from the Wamco CAPS program. Wamco is no longer around. I tried to find CAPS software to the program convert into syswin format. I found a word document saying how to do it. But no luck in finding CAPS software.

You may have to find someone locally that has it and borrow it. Most CAPS packages ran with a parallel port dongle.
I have it still but too far away from you.

I have it still but too far away from you.

Hi Bob,

I'm in the same situation here and just looking for some advice. I know this is a old thread but I'm guessing you are still active on this site.

My situation: We have a customer who has purchased a powder filler from somewhere outside of NZ and we are tasked to commission the automation side of things and get it going. All they have are the same files which denisw has mentioned. The good thing is that I have managed to upload the code using CX Programmer so I now have a working copy of the code which I have used to do IO checkouts and stuff. The problem is that there is no program documentation which will be a pain to fault find when we are actually trying to run the machine. I have updated the IO's in the symbol table from the descriptions in the electrical schematics but still need a way to get the program documentation into CX Programmer (even if I have to type it all in).

You mentioned that you had a copy of the CAPS software on you in your last post. I was just wondering if you still have this software and would be willing to convert the program for me to pdf so I can feed in the documentation into my CX Programmer project.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers,
Vikash

Gone I am afraid Vikash - some years ago. Does not run on the later Windows OSs so it was deleted and thrown away.

CAPS Jr.

I Have a copy of CAPS Jr.
No need of serial number but only can work with DOS or WIN31, 95 or 98sE
if you are interested contact me:sick:

I Have a copy of CAPS Jr.
No need of serial number but only can work with DOS or WIN31, 95 or 98sE
if you are interested contact me:sick:

Thanks for the generosity Savad. I've got it sorted even though it was doing it the hard way. What I did was open up those files in notepad and identified areas in the CX-Programmer uploaded code and pasted them as rung comments accordingly. The code now looks much better and more readable to anyone working on it.

Thanks again.