Need help with going online with PLC2 using AI2_6.25 in XP

BachPhi

I have a PLC2 system with 1771-KA2 DataHighWay Comm. Adapter.
On the PC side running XP SP3 FAT32 partition, with Icom AI2 6.25.

1) Using a smart serial cable, plug it into the 'Program Interface' connector of KA2 card. I am able to go online with it. AB web site said to use F2 'ICOM Serial Cable' option, but for me it's worked with 'ICOM No Power RS232' option.

2) I have a 1784-PCMK/B card with 1784-PCM2 cable.
PCMK card is recognized by the system after installing RSLINX2.57.
In RSLINX, I setup a driver using PCMK option.
I plugged it into the 'Program Interface' connector of KA2 card. In ICOM , I change the settings to use 'RSLINX Driver under NT'.... BUT It is not working for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

1771_ka2.jpg

I'm not sure about this but, I seem to remember that you needed to use a 1784-PCMK/A card with PLC2. Something to check into.

Edit: Never mind. I think you can get this to work. I must have been remembering an issue with something else.

Last edited: