Need help with interlocking

Can you please label the various limit switches and proxes by what condition causes it to go ON?

And please draw a diagram of the setup noting the position of the various limit switches and proxes.

This is actually the very first thing you should have posted.

Ok This is what i got its a bin filler that goes from left to right. when LS2 is made and Prox1 is made i want it to go left and when prox3 is made stop. But it keeps coming back right and then go left . Really confused.
][ estop------][H/A------][LS2------][Prox1----]/[o/1-----]/[Prox3---()o2 Motor Left
And i got H/A branched with a manual switch on this rung.
][estop-------][H/A------][LS1-----][Prox2----]/[o/2-----]/[Prox4---()01 Motor Right

I may be way off here but..
It would appear that you have the two bins present at the same time? so before start the conditions to run motor right and left are made?
The code then prioritises the first output it scans (02 MOTOR LEFT)locking the other output with the N/C (01 MOTOR RIGHT).
Unfortunately when the motor reaches position the prox switche (PROX 3)turns the output (02 MOTOR LEFT) off releasing the other output(01 MOTOR RIGHT). to go on.
This will cause the left to right movement forever

consider this
I assume
LS2 BIN LEFT PRESENT
PROX 3 MOTOR LEFT
PROX 1 BIN LEFT EMPTY
LS1 BIN RIGHT PRESENT
PROX 4 MOTOR RIGHT
PROX 2 BIN EMPTY

][ estop------][H/A------][LS2------][Prox1----]/[Inseq Right-----]/[Prox3---(SET BIT)|Inseq left

][Inseq left--]\[Prox3--()o2 Motor Left

][LS2--][Prox3--]\[Prox1--(RST BIT)Inseq Left

][estop-------][H/A------][LS1-----][Prox2----]/[Inseq Left-----]/[Prox4---()01 Motor Right

][Inseq right--]\[Prox4--()o2 Motor Right

][LS1--][Prox4--]\[Prox2--(RST BIT)Inseq Left

you should move when a bin is available on side x and not on side y. therefore when you fill bin x and remove it, it will move to side y and vice versa, otherwise it will stay where it is.

So the condition you want is LS1 and not LS2 for one side and LS2 and not LS1 on the other.

Another thing I've noticed in everything you've posted is that you're using the EStop as an input.

Please be aware that this is NOT recognized to be the proper way to do EStops. To be truly up-to-code, they need to be hardwired to drop all power. Simply putting an EStop into the logic is not approved - unless the PLC is a specifically-designated "safety PLC"

Mr. Electrician has never really said that this is a PLC program.
I used run Pb, which don't make it fully automatic.
I assume this means that he added a "RUN Pushbutton". This sounds a lot like he is dealing with hard-wired relay logic. In which event it could indeed have an E-stop circuit.

It it is hard-wired logic, then a schematic would help. If it is a PLC program, then a copy of the existing ladder logic would help solve the problem.

Last edited: