Need Help with Powerflex 40, won't start.

An important principle of variable frequency drives is that "Stop Always Wins".

When you're using 2-wire control and the RUN command is false, that's like asserting a STOP command. Even if there is a Start command from the network, the STOP command from the discrete input state takes precedence.

The "Jog" function, rather than the "Start" function, may be what you need in this case, but I don't know anything about your application.

Are you trying to restore this drive to its original mode of operation, or are you changing how you want it to work ?

I was running the drive by sending commands over Ethernet IP to 22-commE which worked fine. I am now changing it to run using the discrete output form PLC using the 2wire source with external power supply which suppose to work with code P036 start source 2. However when I use this code, drive does not respond at all, but if I use p036 start source 0, it responds with the integral keypad commands.

Is the SNK/SRC jumper set correctly?

Can you measure the correct voltage at input terminals 1 and 2 (or 3 for reverse) with respect to the common terminal (4)?

What does display parameter d013 tell you?

How do you have parameters A051 through A054 programmed (if one of them is set for stop, 8,9,or 10, then the drive is expecting one of these input points to be active in order to run)?