Need PLC program converted to PDF

There are at least two ways to configure your I/O. If you can go online to the MircoLogix 1500 PLC, then go to the left project tree, select "Project, Controller, IO Configuration", then "Read IO Config".

The Auto-Configure only works if you are on-line with the PLC. If you need to do an off-line configuration, you go to IO Configuration and manually select the Input and Output modules (THAT ARE INSTALLED) from the "Current Cards Available" list.

With NO Input or Output cards installed, you will get error messages when you try to use I/O that is not shown on your I/O Configuration list.

Last edited:
I have Rslogix 500 starter. If I connect to a Micrologic 1500 and select ONLINE. Will the program see the PLC.

Once you have established a connection with RSLinx and opened RSLogix500, then click go-online you will be able to see the program in the PLC. But if you have not already opened an offline file for that PLC you may be ask to create a new one. It will then go online after uploading the program in the PLC.

Last edited:
Need a litle more help. I have a PLC with a program already in it. I wont to put a different PLC program in it. I have a copy of the new program on my computer.

Then simply get connected with RSLinx, open the new file with RSLogix500 and click download.

Last edited:
If the Processor name is the same in the PLC and on the new program then you'll just "Download" to the PLC. RSLogix will ask are you sure, so you can back out if you need to.

Help needed to convert several .RSS files to .pdf's

Hello everyone,

I am working on a PLC college project and just received several .RSS files from my AB rep. for sample approaches to accessing and using data which comes into the PLC serial port. I would be most appreciative if someone could convert these .RSS files into .pdf's for viewing. I zipped them up so the forum would accept the files.

Thanks! - Steve

I can't install my current RSlogix500 software on my desktop and use it to view my PLC programs without moving the registeration files can I?
All I wont to do is view the programs without the hassle of unpacking my laptop all the time.

Last edited: