Need suggestions for selecting a plc

rahul.p

hello experts.,

i have to select a plc for implementing it on a jcb in mining.
can any body tell me which plc will be compatible for this condition.

thanks in advance(y)(y)

I dont know what the special requirements for mining are.
Just mention this:
Siemens has two ranges for out-of-normal environments, Siplus and Siplus Extreme.
Rockwell also has products with "conformal coating" for extra protection.
If the problem is an hazardous environment, then Siemens has an I/O range ET200iSP. Dont know about other vendors.

check WAGO as they do have approval from DNV, however it is depending on the country of use, which approvals need to be followed.
normally the body (class office) has a list of usable equipment in that particular situation.
and yes siemens is good, however expensive.

In addition to what everyone else said, I would either use the brand your client already has or let them specify. Or Secondly choose the brand you are most familiar with.