Need to network 40 SLC 5/03's

You could replace the 5/03 with an eBay 5/04 (cheaper than the converter) run Blue Hose in a DH+ configuration. Use a ControlLogix chassis with two DH/RIO cards and you have a rugged easy to configure system you can do SCADA with. If you get a tManager from Online Development you can even push data directly to a SQL database of fire a stored procedure to an SQL server.

I thought the idea was to network the 40 existing SLC 5/03 processors.
if you are going to replace the then go all the way to a compactlogix with remote racks.
as for the cost od the Ethernet to RS232 converters you can get them new for $159 each and I am sue you could get a discount with a volume purchase

Similar Topics

Our plant has a network repeater station located in a field with two ProSoft RLX2-IHG network radios for connecting our plant network to a well...
Replies
Views
I get so confused by Rockwell's licensing structure. I have two PC's that will be running the same SE application. Can/should I run this as...
Replies
Views
My skills haven't encompassed this to make me confident, hoping for some expert guidance. Scenario... I have recently put a wireless router into...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I need help to findout what software I need to order to make progect. If it possible to run FT network like on a image On computer#3-5...
Replies
Views
Hi, Our customer plant has about 20 nodes of PLC running in DH+. Everything has be running fine for couple of years. Recently when they purchase...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom