NEMA MG-1 Part 31 Question

aiki202

Looking for a brief explanation for the NEMA MG-1 Part 31 standard for the actual voltage values. In reading many articles I have seen 1488Vp (3.1x rated voltage for 480V), 1600Vp, 1800Vp, etc.

It appears that (for example, guessing) in 1993 the 1488V value was valid, but in 2006 (guessing) the increased 1600V was added.

I've read quite a bit on motor manufactures offering "Inverter Duty" motors and to ensure they are actually rated for the NEMA standard, but the multitude of voltages is confusing.

Can someone please clarify the actual voltage levels of this standard and how they relate?

Similar Topics

I have noticed that many HMI have a Nema rating of Mena 4/4X (indoor use only) Does anyone have any guesses as to what the constraints are that...
Replies
Views
Looking for some explanation/history between North American electrical symbols standards (how they relate, what are the latest, what is the...
Replies
Views
Good evening gentlemen, I am looking for VFD with NEMA 4x rating. It's a small one, single phase 208/230 input, 208 three phase motor 8.46 Amps...
Replies
Views
Hello, are there any standards for control wires naming rules? I have to set them up in my project (see pic). What is usually prefix and...
Replies
Views
Hello, A couple of questions regarding NEMA schematics and terminal block labeling. 1) I am familiar with the DIN designations for components...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom