Nesting branches in RSLogix 500

Ayrond

Hi. I'm more familiar with other programming software than RSLogix. I can branch down with the rung branch button, but I need to connect a line the top line and one of the lower branches. The "rung branch" button only allows me to stretch the branch left or right. How can I add vertical lines to my program? I am sure that this is a dumb question, as it is very easy in other programming software, but I cannot seem to figure it out here. Any help would be appreciated!

Welcome to the Forum !

You might have to sketch that out; create the basic logic, take a screenshot, then draw in the lines you want to have. You can post BMP or JPG or PNG files here on the Forum.

RSLogix 500 has parallel branches and nested branches. That's it; you can't just "draw a line" as a logic condition.

Some other editors treat relay ladder logic more like a function block, and literally require you to "draw lines" to connect the input and output points of instruction blocks. Because I grew up on A-B's DOS editors, I've never liked editors that treat basic expression logic as though it's a CAD drawing.

Click on the bottom corner of the branch you want to append, "right click "then "add branch level "
Is that what you're after?

Thanks!

I really appreciate the input! I found that if you right click on the branch and use "extend branch down" that gave me the vertical lines that I was looking for. It also helped me to straighten other branches instead of being staggered.

I'm not sure if I need to start a new thread but there is one other thing with this program that i'm gonna need help with.

I have to control temperature using an adjustable damper using 4-20mA. I have a combo card that has thermocouple input and analog output. So I need to find out how to create a PI control that will allow me to input a setpoint temperature, and the PLC will try to maintain it. I have tried to accomplish this manually before , but it never controlled properly.

Thanks in advance!

I have to control temperature using an adjustable damper using 4-20mA. I have a combo card that has thermocouple input and analog output. So I need to find out how to create a PI control that will allow me to input a setpoint temperature, and the PLC will try to maintain it. I have tried to accomplish this manually before , but it never controlled properly.

Thanks in advance!

It would be best to start a new thread ( different title).

Tell the forum what PLC you have ( complete catalog number ) and the analog card ( complete catalog number) and anything else you can tell us about the process. input range, output type ,voltage, current, digital on/off pulse?