Netgear Prosafe Click Switch

Has anyone used a Netgear Prosafe Click ethernet switch?

http://www.netgear.com/business/products/switches/click/click-switch.aspx

They look like a low cost solution to get gigabit switch speed within my control system, but I am unsure about the mounting. Is it durable at all, I am at a sawmill and the control rooms do have some low level vibration( no more than 1G most of the time). Is it comparable to a din rail mount as far as how it will hold up?

We use Netgear Prosafe switches now, but they don't mount very well in a control cabinet, and this looks like it would fit in nicely.

Has anyone used a Netgear Prosafe Click ethernet switch?

http://www.netgear.com/business/products/switches/click/click-switch.aspx

They look like a low cost solution to get gigabit switch speed within my control system, but I am unsure about the mounting. Is it durable at all, I am at a sawmill and the control rooms do have some low level vibration( no more than 1G most of the time). Is it comparable to a din rail mount as far as how it will hold up?

We use Netgear Prosafe switches now, but they don't mount very well in a control cabinet, and this looks like it would fit in nicely.

I haven't used one in an industrial installation, but I have the 16 port one divided into two virtual networks and I like it very much. It is solid (the 16 port it metal) and makes no noise at all.

I think it would probably hold up in an industrial environment.

I can't speak to that particular switch, but I have 10 or 12 Netgear switches in enclosures, from 2 to 6 years in age with no issues.

Just added 4 of the 16 port GB switches to the office/lab, and have had no issues either.

Yeah, we use those switches also, but just wondering about the mounting of the click switch, if it holds up as well as a din rail for example.

I may just have to order one and see, they seem to be fairly new.

Yeah, we use those switches also, but just wondering about the mounting of the click switch, if it holds up as well as a din rail for example.

I may just have to order one and see, they seem to be fairly new.

I guess I didn't read the question well enough before replying. I really like the switch, but for an industrial application, I prefer an Industrial Din Rail Mounted Switch like NTron or Moxa. I've seen and used others, but based on failures per year of use, these two are head and shoulders above the rest.

When we have had trouble with commercial grade Ethernet components we got rejected by support - not designed to run 24/7 in an 'industrial' environment. This is Netgear, Linksys, etc. We always use the industrial grade gear now - Hirshcmann, the Cisco DIN rail mount stuff, etc.

I agree on a din rail switch being better, but the ones that are GIG speed are almost ten times as expensive as the Netgear offerings. We have not had a problem with the regular desktop units thus far but of course they don't mount in a panel real well, which is why I am looking at the Click from Netgear. The extra cost of the industrial units is hard to justify at this time since we have not had a real failure of one and we could use that money to upgrade other items of more need. Maybe in the future we will be able justify the cost but until then I have to go for the value option.