New Panel

I am in Windsor ON, we are installing a Bosch "German" torque gun controllers and it requires 3phase X 240 or 380-500Vac. We also use Cooper Torque tools "German" and they require 3phase X 240Vac input voltage.

rsdoran Thank you, I actually got the book yesterday from ebay USA shipped for 15$.

I wish I had paid more attention to my AC Machinery Fundamentals Instructor lol.

I think the reading material is really helpful I will most likely be getting a Delta - wye Configuration shielded transformer:

-Sorry links won't work attached description of both transformers.

From Hammond:
Part Number: P003PGKB Description: 3ph 3kVA 600D-380Y/219 60Hz CU

Or This:

Part Number: P003QKKB Description: 3ph 3kVA 600,480D-480Y/277 60Hz CU
Will let you know what happens, Thank you so much for your inputs,

Y@S!

Last edited:
You dont do it, the transformer has one winding center-tapped, just like a standard single phase transformer you might use for a DC power supply...ie a center-tapped 120vac to 25.8vac xfrmr when bridge rectified will provide 24vdc + to - and +12vdc to common (center tap) or -12vdc to common(center tap).

In this situation one of the 3 windings is center-tapped and bonding to ground which creates a " voltage divider"...ie phase to phase you get 240vac, from either phase to that center tap you get 120 vac.

NOTE: Do not think of the winding as a phase but as the "connecting" points where the windings are connected together. On this page I have a Delta wiring diagram that shows phase A, B, C..note the phases are relative to the connection points. Take the winding between phase A and C and center tap and connect the center tap to ground, now it should resemble the other picture I provided. Measuring between A, B, or C will give you 240vac....measure between the center tap and A or C and you will get 120vac..measure between center tap and B should give you 208vac. http://www.patchn.com/deltasys.htm

O.K. Now i get it....You cant do this with an off the shelf delta to delta transformer..it is a specialty transformer?

POWER_PACKED said:
I am in Windsor ON, we are installing a Bosch "German" torque gun controllers and it requires 3phase X 240 or 380-500Vac. We also use Cooper Torque tools "German" and they require 3phase X 240Vac input voltage.

rsdoran Thank you, I actually got the book yesterday from ebay USA shipped for 15$.

I wish I had paid more attention to my AC Machinery Fundamentals Instructor lol.

I think the reading material is really helpful I will most likely be getting a Delta - wye Configuration shielded transformer:

-Sorry links won't work attached description of both transformers.

From Hammond:
Part Number: P003PGKB Description: 3ph 3kVA 600D-380Y/219 60Hz CU

Or This:

Part Number: P003QKKB Description: 3ph 3kVA 600,480D-480Y/277 60Hz CU
Will let you know what happens, Thank you so much for your inputs,

Y@S!

I didnt look at the specs but just from the description none of those xformers will work for you..you have said you need 240v 3 phase..(Ususlay means from line to line you get 240v)..If you with your transformer A you will get 380v line to line or with xformer B you get 480...Call your local distrubutor tommorow (In ontario the best one to call is Westburne) and tell them what you need..It will take about 10 days but you get what you want..not just close..

D

Darrenj - Sorry for the confusion, The controllers accepts 3Phase X 240, 380, 480, or 500Vac. My fault didn't make that clear.

Thank you,
Y@S!

Well thats a plus!!..I still thinkyou are going to have a hard time finding one "off the shelf"..Unless i order a xformer with output of 208 i usulay have to wait 10 days or so..One of things that suck when you live in country with a differnent voltage..Damn 347/600 who figured that one??