New to Modicon Micro 984

Tech7

We have a micro 984-230 in our nuke plant that will not turn on it's local outputs. The Taylor software reports the outputs are on but none of the four output cards will fire. I have tested the cpu in a test rack and it works fine. In the process of testing, I had to wipe out the original program and now it will not accept the old ladder logic. When loading the program it gets to the MSL at 100% then stops. I'm not sure what the MSL is. I get a message 381 "Invalid Address". I can compare the saved program to the cpu and the traffic cop and config are the same. The only difference seems to be the ladder logic and coil states. If anyone has an idea, I would sure like to hear it. Thanks in advance.

Sir,
The error message is not familiar to me, but it may be something corrupt in the file. If you are able to give me a copy of your file, I'd be glad to try it on my 230 and see if I can figure something out. I know that the Taylor software used to change and save configurations on the fly. This is OK, but it was also known to sometimes create an invalid config in the file structure. let me know, and I'll try to load it here. No guarantees. Feel free to email me. [email protected]

Modicon PLC

Do you have power feeding youe output cards? As far as the invalid address, is this when you try to attach? Or is it when you try to address your output card? If it is when you try to access the controller you need to know what address your controller has been configured to, for example if it is a stand-alone unit the address may be the default of 1. If it is the card address you need to know which rack and slot it is in. In the traffic cop you can obtain this information. Just make sure your traffic cop configuration matches what you have in your PLC rack. check these items and let me know.

Sorry, I should have clarified that. The "Invalid Address" message 381 comes up just after the MSL loaded at 100%. No problem communicating to the cpu. This all occured when trying to load program using the Proworx Nxt software. I since have succesfully loaded the program using a demo version of Proworx Nxt32. The newer version did not complain at all, it just loaded it fine. Next I changed the first output card in the rack, powered it up, put into run and all is well again. Thanks for the reply, I'm looking forward to participating in this forum.

Ge Bwr

No,actually the plant is a GE Boiling water design. I am going to get a licensed copy of the Taylor 32 bit program though. The old Nxt version is very poor.

You may want to compare the Pro 32 with PLC WorkShop for Modicon - 32 Bit, by FasTrak SoftWorks, Inc.