New to PLC, elevator

Josh, If you can master this as a pre - apprenticeship - If I could, I would employ you now - keep going -
no my underarm doesn't stink (Trevor Chappel - Cricket if your too young)
I might have to hold you to that next year ;)
Another advantage is that you can control how fast your elevator travels by changing the T4:0.PRE value. To slow it down to half-speed for trouble-shooting your program, just change the Preset to 2 seconds.

That sounds like it could be handy.

I added a open/close door routine, did away with the MOV to N7:0 position encoder I had going and have stuck with the timer method you suggested.

I tried using the method Bruce suggested of increasing the inputs, and it didn't work quite right. It would always activate another output other than the one I initially wanted.

If I wanted to just use I:0/0 then I had:

XIC I:0/0 XIO I:0/1 XIO I:0/2

If I wanted to use I:0/0 and I:0/2 then I had:

XIC I:0/0 XIC I:0/2 XIO I:0/1

and so on and so forth

But if I used that second example, the output on the first examples rung would still activate. I suppose I just wasn't exact enough with pressing them at the same time? I think that I will just do away with the LS and just soley use the Timer encoder for now. I'll use the LS inputs as Car Request buttons.

With a normal machine operation there is always a lag (might be micro seconds) between the start command and the actual movement.
When simulating like this it might be better to set up a "SIMUL" section and program timers that respond to a command - when a limit switch is supposed to open - use the XIO or XIC .DN as the actual Limit switch contact.
Might sound confusing see how you go.

But if I used that second example, the output on the first examples rung would still activate. I suppose I just wasn't exact enough with pressing them at the same time?
Yes, it is almost impossible for a human to do that, because the PLC scans in miliseconds. Only way to do what you tried would be to use some type of timing cycle, so that when first button is pressed, the other 2 button inputs are locked out until timer bit goes DONE.

Josh,

You probably would have to do something like this to use 3 inputs as 7 inputs, without any physical hard-wired relays to turn all inputs on/off at the same time.

I tested this program and it works medium-well, needing 1 second to update each change. It is probably okay for student training. ZOOM your screen to 150% to read the addresses.

3-TO-7 ENCODED INPUTS.jpg

Last edited: