New year's puzzle: You are defusing a bomb

Not that I'm any expert on bomb diffusal, but if there are only two wires then cutting either one will kill the circuit, assuming no return path to the power source via the case (Surely even terrorists would follow basic safety requirements... )

After running into a machine wired exclusively with green wire it must be the best one to cut.

Unless the electrical inspector is there, in that case you better add another 5 green wires to be safe!

Not that I'm any expert on bomb diffusal, but if there are only two wires then cutting either one will kill the circuit, assuming no return path to the power source via the case (Surely even terrorists would follow basic safety requirements... )

Ha ha!!

I would wire it all with black wire. And put a dummy DIP switch in to boot.

Dont cut the wires, maybe the circuit is fail-unsafe.
When you cut any wire, the bomb detonates immediately.
Instead, remove the detonator from the explosive.

Dont cut the wires, maybe the circuit is fail-unsafe.
When you cut any wire, the bomb detonates immediately.
Instead, remove the detonator from the explosive.

The puzzle is:

Which wires go to the detonator?

Those are the only wires that can safely be cut.

Unless some jerk ran double or triple wires to it with your fail-unsafe.

How about wire it and pot it? [Pot is to encase on resin like some circuit boards are] Or fill it with Great Stuff insulation