No trend folder in RSLogix

yam785

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have two computers with the same version of RSLogix. These computers were loaded and installed by an outside company. My problem is that, on one computer, I can do trending in the RSLogix, but on the other computer, there is not even a 'trend' folder. We use the trends often, which makes it a necessity.

Any help with this would be very appreciated. I found no help for the problem in 'Help'.

Ok,

You didn't mention whether you were using RSLogix5, RSLogix500 or RSLogix 5000.

My GUESS......., is that you are using RSLogix500. The Trend function is actually not included with RSLogix500. It IS included with RSLogix5 and RSLogix5000.

However, if you install RSLogix5 and RSLogix500 on the same machine, then the Trending that was included in RSLogix5 will now be available in RSLogix500. I'm not sure if RSLogix5000 also adds trending to RSLogix500 but it may.

So, check the PC that has trending and see if it maybe it has one of those other RSLogix packages. If possible, install one of those packages on the "other" PC and that should add trending capability. You wouldn't even need to activate the other software. Just installing it should do the trick. Possibly uninstalling this other software, would leave trending still available.

OG

Trending is available in 5,500 and 5000 but you have to have bought the correct version. It's the activation that determines whether or not you get trending; the ones called "Full" or "Professional" tend to be the ones with it, "Lite" or "Maintenance" don't.