Non mechanical mass storage devices??

GOZONK

Hello there, i wondering if anyone know about non mechanical mass storage devices instead of USB memory stick and what is the technical report on both of them. and i want a review illustrating development, standards, physical structure and operations with limitations (please note hard disk drives, CDROMs, zip drive, etc., are mechanical devices and mass storage is something in excess of 100MB). Also i want to search any useful website to support this issue.
Thanks a lot, im looking forward for your reply

non mechanical mass storage devices instead of USB memory stick

What do you mean by "instead of". As far as I know (I'm only involved with PLC's and computers since the early 80's) a USB memory stick IS a non mechanical device. And since the USB memory stick comes in a range from 64MB up to 2GB it surely defines as mass storage. Shouldn't you have asked for "non mechanical mass storage devices besides USB memory stick"?

In that case search the web for Compact Flash (16-512MB), Smart Media (16-128MB), MultMedia Card (16-128MB),Secure Digital (32-512MB), ATA Flash, and so on.

I don't know why you wouldn't want to work with an USB memory stick, because almost every PC has an USB port and the other solutions require dedicated equipment to use them.

Kind regards,