Novice help

DarthRaver

Hi people i am new to programming and appreciate any help!

The section of my basic ladder starts with parts on a conveyor some of which have a hole and faulty ones have no hole or not a deep enough hole.

I have 2 inductive sensors one(A) is used to say that the part is there. The other(B) im hoping to come true, then false when the part runs over it indicating there is a hole and the part is ok. Allowing the part to continue along the line...

But when the part has no hole im hoping to make (B) activate a reject actuator. Then production to continue as normal...

There is 200ms gap between (B) coming true and false.

. .New_Part . . .Reject
--------[ ]--------------------------------------------( )
| |
|-----[ ]----|
.Hole

This is all i have so far to help simulate it :oops:

Thanks in advance!

With no Encoder Tracking of part movement then You need to use Both Sensors to Make your decision.
Look at the issue as you want to take a picture with 'B' and decide if a Hole is Present. 'A' will be used to snap the picture.

If 'A' is True and 'B' is not then Good Part Else If 'A' is True And 'B' is True Then Reject.

But you will have to Set The Condition So that Once you see a good part and the hole has pasted B (assuming 'A' is stilled Blocked) then we don't care about the Conditions. Until Reset for Next Part.

The Relationship of The Sensors will be Vital to Using this Method. That is to say that 'A' must detect part in you 200ms window of 'B' checking for the hole.