Novice!!!

gerryrowe

a little help would be much appreciated so ive been challenged with a project with a siemens PLC ive got 4 air controlled Rams,only 1 is Spring controlled,We'll call them A B C D,my programme is to function A+,C+,C-,A-,B+,B-,D+(if my part is of the wrong Size)ive hit trouble can any 1 hepl me with a ladder diagram sollution Pleas!!!:oops:oh also ive got a start,stop and manual/hand selection not PLC controlled

Last edited:
How about the D-? Is it the spring returned? How long does it stay on before turning off?

The first thing you MUST do is define your process. How does it start? How does it know when to transition to the next event? How does the process end? What should it be doing while it's just setting there "idle"? etc., etc., etc...

Answer these types of questions, then try to organize the information into a flow chart, or a process narrative, or pseudo-code, or whatever it takes to write out exactly how your process is to work.

Only after you have done this can you start programming. Or expect any help.

So far, with what you've given us, we CANNOT help you. We don't know what your homework assignment... er... "job task" is. We cannot read your mind.

my projest is a part selector/rejector programme.when my part,X is entered ram A pushes it to be measured by ram C.the part is sqaure in shape but can be measured by ram c either almost fully passing through x,or if the part size is incorrect ramC is not allowed to almost fully pass through.regardless ram B,after ram C and A have reset,then extends and resets,if the part is of correct shape ram D,does not function,however if the part is the incorreect size,ram D will shoot the piece to a rejection bin,is that any help?Thanks for the response BTW