NPN & PNP

Just for info:

I use a 3 wire, 8mm threaded connector, cable, that is color coded Blue, Black, Brown. And it's pinout has Brown as the Signal. Blue and Black are the +V and 0V.

It is a specialty cable, shielded, made for 10V analog signals, but the pinout does not match up with other 3 wire devices, and we have had issues when people mix and match these cables with others (MIBs, Switches, etc.)

yes , i asked what happen for three wires sensors which are :
1- brown : 24 v
2- blue : 0 v
3- black : output

as i have already asked what happen if i reverse conected the cables
between brown & blue
and between brown & black

what happen to the sensor ?? does it damge or not work ??? for both cases i reversed the connections

thanks

I've accidently hooked up switches wrong in the past. It's never damaged the switch or the power supply. Usually the only thing that happens is the switch does not work (until you wire it correctly).

I can't say for certain that this is the same for all switches, but with the few brands of inductive switches I've used, mixing up the connections never damaged the actual switch.

is the switch not damged even if i reverse between brown & black
as i put the input at the output and put the output at the input ??

I've never damaged a switch by doing that.

You have to think about what exactly your are doing. If you switch the connections of the Input and Output of the switch, you aren't doing much. You are putting nothing (the input of your PLC) on the Input of the switch, and are putting 24V (your power supply) on the output of the switch (which usually don't hurt it).

Your switch will not work, but it will not likely be damaged.

Now, there may be exceptions, more sensitive switches, or something. But none of the inductive sensors I've used were damaged by this.

If you are really worried, then just triple check (you should already be double checking) your wiring before applying power.