nsk megatorque motor

harrydeharry

Dear All, I need some software to genrate the back up of SNK ESA megatorelque drive on my computer. I have heard some NSK teach tool is the software for the same.
thanks in advance for help

I am unaware of any software to backup an NSK megatorque. I have worked with many of these units but always with a teach pendant. Most of the units I work with are 10-15 years old and I don't think NSK had any type of programming software for these even when they were new.

I have connected to an ESA driver thru a serial terminal type of software. I used TeraTerm Pro (shareware) but Hyperterminal may work. You still use the teach commands like on the pendant but thru the terminal software. You may be able to produce a text file that lists all the parameters in the drive using the TS0 command but I have never done this. Also the cable to connect the computer is non-standard. I had to make it. If you have a manual it gives the pinout for the cable you would need.

I kept all of my parameters backed up by listing them on the parameter sheet that is in the manual. Not very efficient but it was the only way I knew how to do it. Using the TS0 command and a pen would take about 10 minutes to write down the 50 or 60 different parameters that can be adjusted.

That's the only way I know of making a backup unless some else knows a better way.

I am unaware of any software to backup an NSK megatorque. I have worked with many of these units but always with a teach pendant. Most of the units I work with are 10-15 years old and I don't think NSK had any type of programming software for these even when they were new.

I have connected to an ESA driver thru a serial terminal type of software. I used TeraTerm Pro (shareware) but Hyperterminal may work. You still use the teach commands like on the pendant but thru the terminal software. You may be able to produce a text file that lists all the parameters in the drive using the TS0 command but I have never done this. Also the cable to connect the computer is non-standard. I had to make it. If you have a manual it gives the pinout for the cable you would need.

I kept all of my parameters backed up by listing them on the parameter sheet that is in the manual. Not very efficient but it was the only way I knew how to do it. Using the TS0 command and a pen would take about 10 minutes to write down the 50 or 60 different parameters that can be adjusted.

That's the only way I know of making a backup unless some else knows a better way.

check this , but it need some thing more I am trying to find out, as you said is it enouhg to same tS0 parameter and put then on a new NSK what about position etc.

Last edited:
The TCx parameter (x being program number 0-15) will list the parameters for each program in the NSK. There can be up to 16 programs stored in the unit. This parameter will list program specific items such as move, acceleration, directions etc.

Sorry I neglected to mention this in my previous post. Between the TS0 and TCx parameter I think that should give you everything you are looking for to be able to setup another unit.

Thanks for your support I work on same and found comfortable with it.
but my hyper terminal not working with few NSK whcih are initially connected with desychain.
is there any parameter which stop the nsk to communicate with hyperterminal

Our units are not daisy chained. I have no experience with trying to connect to them this way. I only connect one unit at a time. I also have not used Hyperterminal to do this. Always with a teach pendant or a few times with program called TeraTerm Pro. To connect to a computer requires a non-standard RS232 pinout at the NSK end. I do not have a pinout available but the manual has a diagram.

I would suspect you need to enter some sort of axis or unit ID indicating which drive you want to communicate with. I don't know what the parameter is for this. It should be in the manual. If you don't have a manual you will need to get one from a distributor, NSK or maybe online. I no longer have access to a manual and am going off of memory. The manual is not the easiest to use but I always found the information I needed in there.

Hello Sir

Hi Sir,
may i have your mail id
As i need help NSK megatorque servo motor
my id is
[email protected]

Our units are not daisy chained. I have no experience with trying to connect to them this way. I only connect one unit at a time. I also have not used Hyperterminal to do this. Always with a teach pendant or a few times with program called TeraTerm Pro. To connect to a computer requires a non-standard RS232 pinout at the NSK end. I do not have a pinout available but the manual has a diagram.

I would suspect you need to enter some sort of axis or unit ID indicating which drive you want to communicate with. I don't know what the parameter is for this. It should be in the manual. If you don't have a manual you will need to get one from a distributor, NSK or maybe online. I no longer have access to a manual and am going off of memory. The manual is not the easiest to use but I always found the information I needed in there.