NT11 initialization

forqnc

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
We had a customer send there NT11 back for a programming upgrade, connected and downloaded the program, all looked good. Noticed we needed to correct an error on one of the screens, corrected and went to download and got a "Communication Error Framing Error" on the screen. Checked the cable on another working NT11, worked fine. This was on a Win 10 laptop.
So we dragged out the old Win 7 laptop to try, still no good.
Cable pin out is the same as page 168/155 in this link

https://www.fa.omron.com.cn/data_pdf/mnu/v084-e1-01_nt11.pdf?id=1889

So in desperation we decided to reset the NT11 using Dip SW 6 and the Reset switch. Powered up and got "System program not installed press enter to install". Hit enter and tried to download the program same communication error. Tried to force initialization, with Dip SW2, does nothing.
So, am I correct that Dip SW2 does nothing because there is no program installed?
Also, does anyone know the default communication parameters for the NT11 after a program erase, so we can check the PC parameters, at this point it appears we have incorrect settings.
I am not familiar with NT11 screens, I worked on a couple of projects back in 2018, mostly downloading existing programs. Never had to do a system reset.
Any assistance is appreciated.

Finally got this to work and thought I would add what I've learnt.
When the screen has lost it's system program, you need to open NT series support tools software. Under the Connect tab you can "Launch the system installer" software. Use this to select your screen, select the appropriate file and click the go button. System program should download.
After this you should be able to download the working program.
Also I finally found in a manual what the PC com port settings should be to match the NT11.
BPS = 9600
Data Bits = 7
Parity = Even
Stop Bits = 2
Flow Control = None.
This worked for me. Hope it might help someone in the future.