NT11 - PC connecting problem

feketegyerek

Hello!

We have one Omron NT11-SF121B-EV1 display and CP1L PLC. I want to connect this display to computer and upload graphics with NT-series Support Tool. But the connection is not work. The Power led is ok, but the Run is not light. The display wrote: Connecting to host
24 V DC is connected properly, and USB - RS232 also. The driver is installed which included with RS232-USB cable.
What did I wrong?
Sorry my poor english.
Thank you!
http://kephost.com/images/2017/04/03/261cb2.jpg
http://kephost.com/images/2017/04/03/15aced.jpg

When ready to connect for upload, you have to hold two of the four F buttons while power-up to put the HMI in transmit mode.

The connecting to host display just means that it is trying to communicate to a plc.

Hope this helps you out,
Regards,

Did you turn off and then on the power supply to the NT11S while holding the two buttons?
This is the only way to get to the system menu after the unit has been programmed.

Regards,

I choose Transmit mode, in the NT Series support tool app click Connect-Upload menu and the NT11 display wrote: "Communication error! Time Out"

The first thing I would do is try another cable. Does the computer have an 9 pin RS232 port on the back?

If so, then make a cable like the following diagram.
This is not a standard RS232 connection.
I would jumper 6 to 7 on the computer side.
I would jumper 4 to 5 on the NT11S side.
You are then left with three wires to connect.

Regards,

NT11S to Computer.png