O/T- Trade Shows

CroCop

Any worth going to?
I haven't been to any at all, and I'd like to have the company send me to a couple.
Any reccomendations?

What kind to you think you would like?

CroCop said:
Any worth going to?
Yes, I would like to go a Automation Fair sometime just to meet people. I wouldn't have to stand booth duty.

We have a booth at many trade shows. They have to justify themselves by increasing sales. Some shows are much better than others in this respect.

Many shows have faded away. I think this is due the increased hassle and expense of traveling and the ease with which one can do business over the internet.

Peter Nachtwey said:
Many shows have faded away. I think this is due the increased hassle and expense of traveling and the ease with which one can do business over the internet.

In Detroit, there used to be a PLC & Automation show sponsered by The ESD. About 6 years ago ESD transfered the show to the SAE, who then intergrated it with the local Manufacturing Show. Every year it seems more and more centered on auto production, and less on automation in general. I havent bothered with the last three years, and I could walk to it from my office.

I don't go to many automation shows anymore. Many of the big manufacturers have opted out of eventsl like Control Expo and National Manufacturing week, and instead have their own traveling shows.

I do still go to the big show for my industry, WEFTEC, because it is still used by major manufacturers, still has worthwhile techincal papers and presentations, and is still the place to introduce new technology.

It is a case by case jusdgement.

Not sure what industry you're in, but if it's woodworking, the Internation Woodworking Fair 2006 is next month (8/23-8/26) in Atlanta, GA. There's still time to register.

http://www.iwf2006.com/

Best regards,