Off-the-Shelf Non-PLC Interface

Thought I missed the obvious, a smart relay, but clicked on bitmore's link, and there it was. My choice is Moeller, who is making just about everyone's smart relays (including Allen Bradley).

The smart relays are din mountable, and can be dc in/out, ac in/relay out, and dc in/relay out. Should be cheaper to integrate then 6 relays and wiring. Cost, depending on brand and distributor, will run you $115 to $200 for what you are trying to do. Software is built into the smart relay, and you can program it from the built in screen, or from a PC with free software.

I am currently using A-B PicoSoft for Moellers, only to be different. It appears everyone's software will program everyone else's smart relays.

You can click on bitmore's link, or google up a search for Moeller easy or AB Pico, demo software and programming demo's should show up on the google search.

regards.....casey

Last edited: