Off the wall question for y'all

BoxerBrats

Ok while back remeber seeing a post about critters, and dogs getting stinky.

Ok have situation here... Last night was woke up with a horrible smell like burning rubber chemical smell. Our dog came in with the smell in his fur. Contacted the sheriffs department, found what we were smelling is apperantly the piece of **** neighbors behind us, is running a meth lab. So hopefully our law enforcment will shut down this operation.

My question is how does one get this smell out of my dog... dont want him walking around and people think my dog is a tweaker... praying for his rehabiltation

For now my first answer would be to get him to roll around in some horse ***t amnd diguise the smell but will ask her who must be obeyed as she works in kennels and may be able to get an answer.

PS Why no smiley that holds nose

Last edited:
Sorry best she comes up with is lots of shampoo and a spray we have over here called Velvet coat which I doubt is as strong as how your dog smells

An old home remedy for a skunk smell on dogs was a vinegar and milk bath. Holding dog in the tub was the hard part.

My beagles (a pretty stinky breed, naturally) sometimes get too interested in a skunk. Try tomato juice, full strength, wait a bit, the rinse well and shampoo as normal.

(Hope they shut the lab down soon, those places are a bomb just waiting for a chance to blow)

Funny you bring up the ammonia. We have about 20,000 pounds anhydrous ammonia on our site used in our refrigeration system. This consitutes us to have a risk management plan in place (worst case scenario). The contractor we hired to write this for us happends to be a chemical engineer. We got on the discussion of anhydrous ammonia theft, primarily from fertilizer tanks on farms in a corn field. I had to ask what part of the meth process it is used in. His indication was that chemically ammmonia makes a very pure core molecularily for the meth to crystalize on.

We take our ammonia system very seriously....detection, PSM, RMP, etc...I cringe when I think of "amatures" or tweakers handling it...

Greg

My suggestion is to set out in the back yard with some Siera Nevada(gotta be plenty around), get good and drunk, turn on all the yard lights and start screaming "Good Lord, who's burnin tires out here?" They should get the picture. A few months ago a house about a mile from me blew up. Guy crawls out of the damage and starts screaming that he is going to sue the maker of his gas grill. Turns out it was just his meth lab.
BTW, I thought only us rednecks said ya'll.

Dale

I started doing maintenance electrician at amonia refrigeration plant back in Missouri. Amonia is nothing to mess with. Once I had oild sludge drain on the hi pressure reciever. Mechanic came ****ed off he just took a hammer and starting hitting it. Broke off the valve dumped around 20,000 pounds of amonia out in the atmosphere... cleared about 6 city blocks in downtown Kansas City. I ended up in the hospital for a week... still have scars on my back where I had drop of liquid amonia has leaked on me at other time.Known peope who have dies, gone blind, and other mishaps do to improper handling. People who dont know it should not mess with it.

dale1627 said:
BTW, I thought only us rednecks said ya'll.
Dale

I just toss a y'all out once in while people here in california give me a hard time... but nothin but a good ol redneck from missouri. When people want to know why I moved to California, I tell them married outside the family, had to leave my family was in shame.

My wife gets so mad when I tell people this, she says dont that they will believe me.

Ron, I have been shamed. I shall return to my garage, pop open a Coors light, and listen to Larry the Cable Guy. If that doesn't revive the redneck in me, I'll sell the house, invest the money in a ran down single wide in Butler(new town of Butler that is, old town is under the lake. Blasted TVA).dale

Since we're on the subject, anyway...

Does anyone know how much pseudoephedrine it takes to make a usable quanity (average dose) of meth? I understand that it takes gallons of over-the-counter syrup.

I was dying of "Jones Island" flu a few weeks ago and I tried to buy NyQuil, DayQuil, and Theraflu. The pimply-faced clerk told me I could buy any two, but the cash register wouldn't let him ring up all three (thank you Jim Doyle, governor). I left the place thinking three things:

1. "D**m It! There were DayQuil/NyQuil combo packs."

2. I STILL don't need to present an ID to vote???

3. I should use this on my radio show.

AK

I am not sure if it is a state or federal law, but here south of the "Cheddar Curtain", you can only buy two packages at a time of those little red pills.

They can be packs or 12, 24, or 48.

So, if packs of 12 are on sale, I can buy only buy two, even though I could get 48 (or 96) if I got the bigger package. Doesn't make sense to me.

I used to get PPA, a prescription sinus pill of some kind. Cuased high blood pressure. It did not interact with other medicines. It worked! But it was taken off the market.

So my blood pressure was higher, I didn't have any other side effects.

I now take the sudafed stuph, side effects and all.

Like OSHA, we will protect you, even if it kills you!

Grrrrrrrrrrr!

>RANT OFF<

thanks for the opportunity to vent!

regards.....casey

AK, if nothing else, BUY time on a local station. Or do like I do, call WLS a lot in the afternoon!