Oh, the wandering of "Ins" and "Outs"

tomalbright

Here is a program that I have been maintaining. Thankfully, the dinosaur this controls is defunct. I can share this with you... It's a GE 9030, in Proficy.

If you are able to view this, take a look at the programming style used here. I didn't modify the posting... much. It scared me. I don't know who did the original programming, but it was a very, very long time ago...

The uh, "uses" of addressing boggles the mind. This is an example of why you should be very careful.

You will have to "restore" this file in Proficy, the ability to recover this ancient file is a testament to the software!

Oh, and contrary to how the software looks, the equipment ran flawlessly!

What a maze!!! I do not believe I have ever seen %S7 and %S8 used so many times in my programming experience. I am sorry you had to maintain that program.

The most extreme thing I did with this was a no-no... I changed the prelube time to 60 seconds from the original 180 seconds... if that engine wasn't thoroughly lubed by now, it never would be.

I had a quick look, the always offs seem to be disabling options, and in the seq block at least there is a structure to what should be happening.

Ive seen worse than this