Old Allen Bradley PLC

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day all. I was sent to troubleshoot an old E-beam welder. It has an Allen-Bradley PLC I have never seen before. It is huge, by todays standards. The oldest AB I have ever worked on is the PLC-5. I'm trying to determine what this PLC is (eg... PLC-5, SLC, Control Logix, etc.... ) It has a giant card rack the is full of edge-connector cables. The print I have calls one of the boards an "OPTO-32 Module, 24VDC in and 110VAC out". I'm trying to understand the addressing scheme so I can pin-point where the problem is. Thank you.

You're probably going to need a photo or some part numbers.

Look for part numbers in the 177x series, on the I/O modules and the CPU itself.

You're probably going to need a photo or some part numbers.

Look for part numbers in the 177x series, on the I/O modules and the CPU itself.

I found a label in the bottom of the cabinet that has written on it "Allen-Bradley Series 8200". That's all I could find.