Old Allen bradley motherboard

Trazor

Hey everyone, I'm new and dealing with a Allen Bradley motherboard 006S107-05-013. The first power up it posted the video to a monitor i attached but gave a bios error but i had no keyboard control. did a reboot, then it would power on and the fan ramp to max speed but no video post. i feel like its a bios issues but after unplugging the main power and the cmos battery i'm still stuck at the same spot. and thoughts?

I tried pulling the ram and even swapped it with another PC we have for a different system but it would just ramp the cpu fan to max and no beeps or anything. I recalled many moons ago a issue that was somewhat the same on the on a friends PC i was working on and it was the power supply dying and not putting out the needed watts. i tried swapping in the power supply from the other PC and it worked, the board posted to the bios and when i hooked the hard drive back up it booted up like normal.

i thank you for the quick responds and for anyone else with this issue, check your power supply. lol

Just wanted to post a quick up date again for anyone with a old Allen Bradley motherboard out of a VersaView 1200P that might have a problem like i was having.

So the power supply replacement did get the unit to power on and post however it would only post after completely disconnecting main power letting the board sit for a ten plus seconds and hooking it up to power. otherwise if i turn it on then just did a normal shutdown and tried restarting it, it wouldn't post again.

Now i can say the system has been running all weekend without fail and what it ended up being along with the power supply was a capacitor. the bad capacitor was one that was by itself near the center of the board just down from the processor. it had a slight dome to it. the unit has been powered down and rebooted over 30 times and boots up every time now.

Last edited: