old Omron C200hs network

navidebo

Hi experts, I need make a network with 80 old plc's omron c200hs , the rs232 port is connected to Nt21 screen , I red my option is connect some converter from peripheral port to any converter to rs485 or ethernet,

The idea is get data and monitor each plc with a computer and then save data to Sql server.

My questions is :

Is possible make a network with these old plc's ?
what hardware(converters) i need to get this work ?

I red a need to use Kepserver to get data from the network.

apreciate your help.

Hi experts, I need make a network with 80 old plc's omron c200hs , the rs232 port is connected to Nt21 screen , I red my option is connect some converter from peripheral port to any converter to rs485 or ethernet,

The idea is get data and monitor each plc with a computer and then save data to Sql server.

My questions is :

Is possible make a network with these old plc's ?
what hardware(converters) i need to get this work ?

I red a need to use Kepserver to get data from the network.

apreciate your help.

Probably the best way would be to use Omron's Controller Link. I believe the correct cards for the C200HS Series would be C200H-CLK21 Cards. For this to work, you will need an open Slot in each Controller Chassis. It is possible to do Ethernet, but I wouldn't recommend it with the C200 Series. For SCADA, the best way to go would be a CS1 Chassis with an Ethernet Card and however many CLK Cards you need. This way you can break it into Segments that make sense. I forget how many you can put on one Network, but it is at least 32, but probably more than that.

Go to http://www.omron247.com and Download the manuals for C200H-CLK21, CS1W-CLK21, CS1W-ETN21. You might have to sign up to get some of the manuals.

Stu....