Old stuff but need help

gmultani52

Hi
how to upload a program from Slc 150 to laptop. I tried but could not. I was using HHT but now I want to use laptop. I am new with laptop. I am using win 98SE and software PCIS.EXE down loaded from a thread mention in this form a cable with coverter. Thanks

you definitely need the converter. It is kind of like the PIC for the SLC-500 PLC. Without it you are going nowhere. I will try to post tomorrow with the part # (I don't remember it off the top of my head) when I get in to work.

For the adapter I use a Model 422CFCR I got from http://www.bb-elec.com/ .

This is the same adapter I use for the Mitsubishi MELSEC FX's.

From the PC use a null-modem serial cable, with a DB9 male to DB25 male adapter (Radio Shack, Staples, etc.) If you need a null modem serial cable, use a DB9 serial cable, a null-modem adapter & change the adapter above to a DB9 female to DB25 male.

From the PLC you need a DB25 female, some shielded wire & a 8 pin DIN connector - for mine I cut open the HHT wire & spliced into it at the HHT end because I couldn't find any 8 pin DIN connectors.

Below is the pinout for the SLC100/150, looking at the receptacle on the PLC, reverse when looking at the pins on the connector.
Also, the B&B converter DOES require an AC adapter, that is sold seperately.

Greg

slc100.jpg

Yes
I am using cable with converter which is equellent to ab 1745-PCC
when I try it say workplace empty.
thanks

I guess I am do same thing, but let you know tommaro, but my Q. is my OS is 98SE is that ok for PCIS.EXE. Thanks.

I just had to verify the cable conections today, and have the following correction:

From the PC to the converter use a standard serial cable, with a DB9 female to DB25 male. I had to use a null-modem adapter because I was using AB's null modem cable with this.

The pinout for the SLC100 end is as follows:

DB25=============8DIN
male=============male

1-----shield----shield
7------0VDC--------7
2-TXD(-)----RXD(+)-1
14-TXD(+)---RXD(-)-2
3-RXD(-)----TXD(+)-8
16-RXD(+)---TXD(-)-3

gmultani52:
The only problem I have had with a DOS window (& I have too many old programs that are DOS) is with WinXP - all other Windows versions run DOS programs fine in a MS-DOS Prompt window. XP is also the system that has a hard time with external (USB, PCMCIA, Ethernet, etc.) serial ports.

Greg

I program SLC100's now and then and I have had no problems in Windows98. I've always used the programming cable from AB that came with the PLC.
F1 program transfer
F1 read from SLC
hit enter
It should now start downloading from the PLC.... Save
The program is then on your "Workspace" Press F2 to see what you uploaded and you can also modify it here.

I got the following info off the AB site under "Knowledgebase"
1745-PCC 9 TO 25 PIN CONVERTER CABLE

The following cable should be used when converting the 25 pin D-shell
from the 1745-PCC (Personal Computer Interface Converter RS-232-c/RS-422) to
a 9 pin D-shell.

25 PIN (from 1745-PCC) to 9 PIN (IBM-PC/AT)

2 ------------------------------------------ 3
3 ------------------------------------------ 2
4 ------------------------------------------ 7
5 ------------------------------------------ 8
6 ------------------------------------------ 6
7 ------------------------------------------ 5
8 ------------------------------------------ 1
20 ------------------------------------------ 4

This cable can be used with the SLC 100 or 150 Programmable
Controllers. According to Tony Campobasso, this converter can also be used
with 1747-PIC (Interface Converter RS-232/DH485).