OMRO PLC CQM1H CPU 51 Program Protection

khirad

Can anybody help me how to protect the programs in Omron PLC CQM1H CPU 51? I want that the program I download to PLC cannot be uploaded to computer by anyone, except he knows the password.

Hello Khirad,

FUN49 is the instruction to use for password protection (Set Operand 1 to 0, Operand 2 to 0, Operand 3 to #xxxx - where x = hex digit password).
It must be the first rung in the program, and must be preceeded with LD AR10.01.

Hope this helps

Thank you for your response. In fact SYS(49) command cannot be used in CQM1H series. It works for CQM1 series and some others. How can I use it in CQM1H series PLCs of Omron?

Regards
Muhammad Khirad Alam

Thanks for your quick help. I tried writing FUN49 and FUN(49) but it does not open the command window. Instead, a window opens with a msg "Function not available or not mapped". I am using Syswin 3.4 (333). No such command FUN(49) can be mapped here.

Regards

Muhammad Khirad Alam

Hello Khirad,

When the instruction dialogue appears, type in either sys or 49.
This will then change to SYS(49).

I don't have a problem with this when using Syswin 3.41.
The block checks OK.

FUN49 is the equivilant instruction in CX-Programmer (I'd recommend upgrading!).

If you have any more info, then please let me know, and I'll try to delve deeper.

Paulus said:
Hello Khirad,

When the instruction dialogue appears, type in either sys or 49.
This will then change to SYS(49).

I don't have a problem with this when using Syswin 3.41.
The block checks OK.

FUN49 is the equivilant instruction in CX-Programmer (I'd recommend upgrading!).

If you have any more info, then please let me know, and I'll try to delve deeper.
Dear Mr. Paulus
Many thanks for your response. I tried all the ways, but no success. Probably my Syswin 3.4 needs to be updated. I have noted that CQM1H is not included in "Availability" section of Set System Sys(49) command. I have coppied below the details from reference section of SYS(49) instruction.

Regards

Khirad

:Quote

SYS(49) - Set System

Differentiated variant available.

Purpose:
SYS(49) is used to control the following 4 operating parameters:

1. The battery check in system error checks. If SYS(49) is executed and bit 00 of OPR1 is ON, the
battery check will be excluded from system error checks when PLC power is turned ON.
2. The initial operating mode. If SYS(49) is executed and bit 01 of OPR1 is ON, the PLC will enter
MONITOR mode when PLC power is turned ON (see Initial Operating Mode below).
3. The Force Status Hold Bit (SR 25211). If SYS(49) is executed and bit 06 of OPR1 is ON, the
Force Status Hold Bit (SR 25211) will be effective when PLC power is turned ON.

4. The I/O Status Hold Bit (SR 25212). If SYS(49) is executed and bit 07 of OPR1 is ON, the I/O
Status Hold Bit (SR 25212) will be effective when PLC power is turned ON.

Ranges:
OPR1 Parameters # nnnn or 0 (IR0)
OPR2 Online switch # nnnn or 0 (IR0)
OPR3 Password # nnnn or 0 (IR0)

Availability:
CxxH, C200H, C200HS, C1000H, C2000H, CPM1, CQM1, IDSC and C200HX Family.

: Unquote

I have just tries FUN49 for the CQM1H wityh CX-Programmer V@ and it compile OK.

FUN49 #0000 #0000 #1234 where 1234 is the password.

I just tried this using Syswin V3.41, and it worked ok.

Are you using the # before the parameters entered?

Also, the password is only useful if there is not a printout of
the ladder diagram available.

To enter the # sign is the secondary thing. When I prepare a program in Syswin 3.4, selecting CQMI PLC, the program creates SYS(49) instruction normally after an open contact of AR 10.01. But when I prepare a program in Syswin 3.4, selecting CQM1H PLC, the program does not create SYS(49) instruction at all, even I write complete "SYS(49)" in Function Window. So, to put or not put # sign is secondary thing which is applicable, first the program accepts SYS(49) instruction.
Hope you understand my point.

So, it means to use SYS(49) in CQM1H is not possible thru Syswin 3.4, but possible thru CX programmer....Am I right? Did you ever try Syswin 3.4?

I think I understand that you know how to use the #etc now?

I have just tried again in syswin 3.4, and it works for me.

The sequence I followed, was to select CQM1H CPU51 under project setup menu.

I then added the NO contact, with address AR10.01, entered the function no. 49, and no problem.

Is there a lite version of syswin that you may be using?

I have just installed and fired up Syswin 3.4 and FUN/SYS(49) does not exist for the CQM1H CPU51. It does exist for the CQM1.

Checked in CX-P with the same result.

Checked the CQM1H manual with the same result.

I must have selected the CQM1 by mistake the first time around.

Will kave a look and see if there is some other method available to protect the program.

I am surprised you are even using Syswin as it is a redundant product by some years. I would also not be using the CQM1H with the CJ1 available - faster - greater range of functions and capabilities. I will not go back to the old timers ever again.

I cannot find any evidence of a pssword protection being available for the CQM1H in the manual.

The only thing I can suggest is contact Omron in case there is an area that is not published or changeover to the CJ1 PLC and CX-Programmer (Syswin does not support the later PLCs such as the CJ1).

I have just installed and fired up Syswin 3.4 and FUN/SYS(49) does not exist for the CQM1H CPU51

There must be something amiss here Bob, I have just done it again, with both syswin v3.4 & cx-p v6.3, and it worked with both.

I cannot seem to upload the copies that I have ( new to that one), I will send them to you bob, maybe you could have a look, and see if they are valid.