Omron C40h

Marsupilami

Hello,

I have an old C40H PLC here from omron and have found the correct programming software Syswin 3.4.

i can communicate with the PLC and even make a small program work, but now i am trying to set the clock trough the menu in syswin. "Online" "Set clock". then syswin displays PLC: "No clock or bad clock"!

there doesnt seems a way to get around this message. The specifications of the PLC say that there is an on board clock. and if i monitor the special registers i can see a timing value that increases per second.

If i modify the special registers i don't seem to be able to change te clock.

Does anyone have an idea how i should change the clock of this PLC?

regards

Marsupilami

Procedure is detailed in W176 manual:

Must turn on AR21.14 to stop the clock.
Set clock register values:
AR18 MMSS (Minute / Second)
AR19 DMHH (Day of Month / Hour)
AR20 YYMN (Year / Month)
AR21 --DW (00 / Day of Week)
Turn on AR21.15 after all values are set.
this will also turn off AR21.14

Hope this will help.

Hmmm,

I must have misread. i thought i had to Turn ON AR21.14, Set the Clock, And then turn OFF AR21.14.

I will try your suggestion this weekend.

Regards

Marsupilami