Omron CJ1M-CPU12 - communication

Johny5

I replaced the existing CPU for new. Now I can not connect to CPU from a laptop. I have never had problem to connect to Omron but now. I have another same line with same CPU and communication is not working either. How to establish communication? What to check?

I've tried AutoOnline. I selected all the options. No luck.

I'm using serial communication, cable CS1W-CN226.

How can I download the setings without communication?

Let me clarify the things.

We have 2 similar lines. They are working independently. I replaced the CPU on Line #2. When I tried to go online, I couldn't. Then I tried to go online on Line 1. Same thing, I couldn't. Both lines are equipped with HMI screens. The HMI – CPU communication is working on Line 1 only. On Line 1 I noticed, when HMI is connected, PRPHL LED is flashing. When I connect PC, LED is off. I guess, there must be something wrong with my notebook. Then I will still need to set the communication for Line 2.

I'm back on Monday. Have a nice weekend, guys.

try communicating from the serial port to a different device and test your peripheral port one problem in Omron with the auto online is that if the program was previously selected to a different port then when yuo ty to connect again it will select the wrong one check your comports in control panel find the one that your USB adaptor is on then goto the workspace right click on the CPU symbol got change then select the correct commport under network type