omron cqm1 controller

kirkq20

hey guys im very new to plc's. for my 5th year of my apprenticeship I have to do a fully automated project (can crusher) I have been able to get my hands on a cqm1 Omron controller and am wondering how I go about reprogramming it? I believe I need a communication cable along with some kind of plc programming software. any help would be appreciated! thanks

The current software CX-ONE will handle the CQM1 (this is a bought package.
the old sofware SYSWIN 3.4 - harder to get hold of.

as far as the connections - search this site -
does the CQM1 have a DB9 port?

I would be throwing the CQM1 in the bin and using a later PLC - probably CJ2M.
The CQM1 has been dead for quite a while now.

thanks for the help. the reason im not looking to throw it away is im trying to do this on a budget as its a school project. so I figure this one will do the trick if I could ever get it programmed.

Please post the complete part numbers for all the CQM1 components you have.
This will allow us to provide more information on your options for your project.

Ask your local distributor about a CP1L-E
These are relatively cheap here, have Ethernet as well as IO.
Should be able to get off the ground for a few $$$, but the best option..

the processor is cqm1-pa206
the cpu is cqm1-cpu21-e with an och card attached
and 2 cards labeled oc221
CQM1-PA206 is the power supply.
CQM1-CPU21-E is the processor and includes 16 DC inputs (0CH).
CQM1-OC221 are relay contact output modules.

The CQM1-CPU21-E has a serial port that could be used for programming with software. In an earlier post (IANT) listed the options for software.

Here is a link to the cable pinout for connecting a computer to the DB9 serial port on the processor.

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=349

The other option for programming would be a handheld programmer. C200H-PRO27 or CQM1-PRO01, either would work with the CQM1.

Ebay is showing both software packages and both handheld programmers.

As stated above, the CQM1 is obsolete, Omron discontinued this product in 2001. Its replacement CQM1H was discontinued in 2012. Just saying that you will not be able to purchase new replacement parts for your project.

All manuals can be downloaded from the Omron website.

http://industrial.omron.us/en/home

Hope this will help.