OMRON CQM1H fatal error

bayeibrahima

Hello to all
We had an Over voltage power and 3 expansion cards connected to the plc were broken; and the plc showed the fatal error(POWER led is ON and the ERR/ALIM lit ON and all leds on the modules went OFF)
I've connected to the plc with CX programer and the error displayed is:" 0x00C0" error.
Ive downloaded the user manual and read the doc, but I don't know how to clear this fatal error as I'm not familiar with OMRON plcs
Please can someone help
Best regards

Hello Lancie, thanks for your reply
I've followed the procedure, but the default remain
I've just looked at the user manual, but it explains that I must use flag AR2408 and flag AR2415 (to clear the error); but I don't know how to do it
I use CX programmer 7.2
Best regards

You can clear the error, if it can be cleared, with CX-P in the error log. If it cannot be cleared it is fatal.

Hello BobB
Thank you for your reply.
Yes it was cleared
An OC221 module was short-circuited; after changing it; the plc entered on RUN mode
Thanks for all your different posts; BobB and Lancie1
Best regards

hello friends
i have a problem in plc omron cqm1h-cpu21
that when connect power to machine, the led of power supply of plc light and the led comm of plc blink
but nothing else, mean run and other leds don't light
thanks for your interest

Msaadnegm, Probably your PLC is not in RUN mode, but still in PROGRAM mode. Most PLCs do not go into RUN mode unless a hard-wired keyswitch is turned to "RUN", or the keyswitch is in REMOTE mode and a program software RUN command is sent.

Your CPU21 probably has software-settable CPU Settings/ Startup Modes of PROGRAM, MONITOR, and RUN. Check to see where that mode is set.

Last edited:
Msaadnegm, Probably your PLC is not in RUN mode, but still in PROGRAM mode. Most PLCs do not go into RUN mode unless a hard-wired keyswitch is turned to "RUN", or the keyswitch is in REMOTE mode and a program software RUN command is sent.
thank you very much for your reply
how to change to run mode
do you mean there is an input control this change.
by the way, one time when connect power the run led light and i/o leds but when turn off then on the machine, the problem appair, if try another time , still problem

By the way, one time when I connected power the run led and the I/O LEDs light, but when I turned the machine off then on, the problem appears. If tried another time, the problem is still there.
I don't know what caused that problem. Your PLC is probably set correctly to go into RUN mode when a PLC Startup is done. But you can check that setting by following the instructions in your Omron CPU Unit Software User's Manual. It should have a page similar to the attached picture:

Omron Operating Startup Modes-Changing.jpg

Last edited:
i already installed a trial version cx-one 9.3 and also cx-programmer 6.1
and used a rs232c cable and make this connection:
pc (female) plc (male)
1 to 1
2 to 2
3 to 3
5 to 9
(4,6) (4,5)
(7,8)
and adjustbdip switch of cpu as:
1 off
2 off
3 on
4 on
5 on
6 off
7 on
8 off
the run cx-programmer and connect power to cpu after connecting thr rs232c cable and make direct online in cx-programmer
but give failed to connect to plc
i tryied to change dip switch many times but the same fail
what is the wrong thing i did?
thanks