Omron CX-Programmer - Read bit status of DINT

I select the PLC memory addresses so can place in any area such as CIO, W, etc that I need to.
What I don't understand, is that if you are responsible for the memory allocations etc, why not just create the symbols per bit etc?

Sometimes, you have to adjust your style to suit the tool you are using 🤾

The Customer specified that all OPC communications have to be DINT so they are requiring my symbol name to be DINT. I don't want a symbol that address the DINT and another symbol that addresses the individual bits that I have to maintain. The unions under Syswin would have been perfect but I don't see them under CX.

The Customer specified that all OPC communications have to be DINT so they are requiring my symbol name to be DINT. I don't want a symbol that address the DINT and another symbol that addresses the individual bits that I have to maintain.
The problem with this, is that this series of Omron are 16bit memory locations, so there has to be some sort of memory management by someone.
This has caught people out before that are not aware of how 16/32 bit data types work etc.
Is not only Omron that had this sort of issue, all processors that did not have dataType specific memory locations are susceptible.

The unions under Syswin would have been perfect but I don't see them under CX.
SYSWIN had unions? I know Sysmac Studio does.

See if the attached helps.

The bitz.zip is the "Cat's Meow"! It works great. The only issue is the bits are backwards from what I normally think of as bit 0 but I can easily work around that.

Thanks a bunch!

If you know the bit number you can address it directly with that CPU.
N/O D15000.02 out 260.00. Many processors do not allow bit addressing in DMs or registers - that processor does.