omron cx software- counters

robotgrass

Hello, i am trying to insert a counter in my ladder diagram using Omron CX Programmer software, i am promped for two inputs one to deincrement the counter the other to reset it. For some reason, the counter will not count down from the set value i input, any suggestions?
Thanks

can attach a quick pic of the ladder logic so we can see where your reset is and your trigger etc....would make it alot easier to make sugestions!!!!! are you bench testeing or is it in an application little bit more info, are you ofay with plc programeing and how they scan not being rude but how basic do you want the sugestions to be!!! is the reset on all the time have you got the programe in the right sequence.......

Hope i can help just need a little more info

God helps thoes that help themselves! but God help thoes that help themselfs to my tools!!!!!!

You ned to put the # sign in front of the setpoint.

Example Setpoint is three:
0003 points to the value in CIO word three.
#0003 is a constant and has the value of three.

Or maybe... just maybe, cause I made the stupid mistake of giving the Counter the same number as a Timer. Two days later I learned that C's and T's share the numbers .... so just maybe.... u used the same number as a Timer already in use... my 1 Zimdollar.

Or maybe... just maybe, cause I made the stupid mistake of giving the Counter the same number as a Timer. Two days later I learned that C's and T's share the numbers .... so just maybe.... u used the same number as a Timer already in use... my 1 Zimdollar.
We have all been there before. The later PLCs (CJ1 and CS1) have separate timer and counter areas.

Certainly, contact your local Omron office or distributor and buy it as we all do.