Omron NT20s Table in NT Software

Aabeck

I have a machine with an Omron Sysmac CQM1 PLC & NT20S HMI.

I got the NT software installed on a VM & the OEM files, it opens OK. I also have Syswin3.4 and the PLC program from the OEM. The PLC program matches what's in the PLC - checked that already.

The machine is giving an error code that can not exist. It is for an optional component and the PLC does not have the optional inputs programmed into it. So, this error has to be another fault setting the wrong value to DM2080 in the PLC for the HMI.

The error screen shows the message would be Table 0. See photos.

I have tried everything I can and searched the forum, but can't figure out how to get to the text message display for the table.

The wrong error shows 9 - Trans. In missed MID sensor.

Can someone direct me how to get to the message display text? Or what value of DM2080 trips this display?

I have searched the PLC and listed every line that writes to DM2080, so which line is writing the value to show this is the actual fault that needs fixed.

Error Screen.JPG Tables Entry.JPG

Attachments

• Sn157.zip
    41.8 KB · Views: 6
My NTST 4.8 will not import your files. What version do you have?

If there are not too many error codes, you could type in every value until you find it (or write a rung to do the same) to cycle through all messages.

Omron Tech support would be your best resource to resolve this, after you get the file open.

Last edited:
The programming software has to be NTSS, I first got NTM but it was wrong.

I got NTSS233. It's a download on MrPLC and that's where the OEM sent me to get it.

The problem I am having is Error 9 does not get the value 9 to trigger it. DM0208 resets to 0 immediately, and DM0300 (Last Error) shows the hex value 392D when error 9 is showing. No register in the PLC shows the value 9 online.

I am recalling that the trigger for the messages can be either a bit in the word, or the value of the word. Check the settings on your message display.
I may be confusing that with an A-B PV or other screen, but I do know I have seen that option in some HMIs.

I finally found the line causing the fault just by searching repeatedly while online during a fault. Nothing to do with the message displayed as I thought.

Fixing the problem, but still have not found how the HMI is getting the code to display. I still can't figure out how to get into Table 0 to see what's in it.