omron display upload / download issue

James Mcquade

Hi everyone,

i have multiple Omron hmi terminals in the plant and i need to upload each program. i have an ns8-tv01b-v2 terminal in the office to play with that is set up as a spare for one of our lines.
i have the cx designer software and can successfully transfer the program from the hmi to my pc using the usb cable.
i'm having trouble transferring the program using the ethernet cable. i have searched the internet and youtube videos with no luck.
i select the Pt icon and then select transfer, transfer from pt. i select ethernet and then the settings button. this is where i get lost. I am attaching the network page. the drivers section says the node is 253. the ip address is 255.255.255.255. port 9600. Also, how would i download using the ethernet cable
my hmi address is 192.168.1.23, node 23. my pc address is 192.168.1.253, subnet 255.255.255.0
Any help would be much appreciated.
thanks,
james

Omron NS8 HMI.jpg

Last edited:
The transfer settings in your offline project may not reflect the actual settings. Given the information you have provided, they look to be default. To save the settings for next time, goto Tool > Options then Transfer tab and click the check box.

As for your settings, you are connecting via FINS. The FINS Source Address is your PC and is typically "0". As with any network, it must be unique.

You can find the Network address in the NS by touching any two corners of the screen to bring up the system menu. Goto communications then select Ethernet (Even if it is already selected). This will bring up the settings and you should see your Network, Node and IP.

Network address will go into the FINS Destination Address field in your image. It's typically "1" unless you have some elaborate FINS network or the machine builders were just... well.

Node Address (as you have confirmed) is typically the last octet of the IP address.

On the Driver tab, Auto Detect should be checked. The IP Address will be the NS IP address and the default FINS Port Number should be 9600.

Note, when your connection attempt fails, you'll need to let fail twice before attempting again. You'll get a dialog box both times and it takes a ridiculously long time. I'm not sure why.... it's a PITA.

Last edited:
IO_Rack,

i am still having issues.
My hmi terminal address is 192.168.1.108
subnet mask is 255.255.255.0
Network address is 1
Node address is 108

my pc address is 192.168.1.253
subnet is 255.255.255.0

i am trying to upload the program via ethernet.
i start the cx program
i go to the transfer from pt and set the upload device to ethernet and click on settings
my Fins source address is 0, no option to change the node address.
the fins destination network address is 1, and the node address is 0.
the driver is set to autodect with a node address of 253 and a port address of 9600.
when i start the transfer, the pop up screen goes away and after several minutes, i get a pop up screen "Tome-out error occurred. Check the cable.
Perform the transmission again after restarting the NS"
i have rebooted the hmi and my pc. i can ping the hmi and get a reply.
Any ideas? all i am trying to do is upload the hmi program. i have already spent several hours going to each system and several more to go.
thanks in advance,
james

IO_Rack,

i am still having issues.
My hmi terminal address is 192.168.1.108
subnet mask is 255.255.255.0
Network address is 1
Node address is 108

my pc address is 192.168.1.253
subnet is 255.255.255.0

i am trying to upload the program via ethernet.
i start the cx program
i go to the transfer from pt and set the upload device to ethernet and click on settings
my Fins source address is 0, no option to change the node address.
the fins destination network address is 1, and the node address is 0.
the driver is set to autodect with a node address of 253 and a port address of 9600.
when i start the transfer, the pop up screen goes away and after several minutes, i get a pop up screen "Tome-out error occurred. Check the cable.
Perform the transmission again after restarting the NS"
i have rebooted the hmi and my pc. i can ping the hmi and get a reply.
Any ideas? all i am trying to do is upload the hmi program. i have already spent several hours going to each system and several more to go.
thanks in advance,
james

The destination is the NS so the Node Address should be 108.

The transfer parameters of your offline project may not match. They seem default based on your information. Click the check box under Tool > Options > Transfer to save the settings.

Settings: FINS connection. FINS Source Address is usually "0" for your PC. It must be unique like any network.

The network address is in the NS. Touch any two corners of the screen to open the system menu. Communications, then Ethernet (even if previously chosen). The settings should show your Network, Node, and IP.
:geek: space bar clicker :geek:

The former controls guy came by today and showed me what i was doing wrong.

you need the hmi ip address, network address, and node number
you need to set the pc ip address in the same ip address range (in case someone didn't know)
open the cx designer software . click on the PT icon > Transfer> and select transfer from PT.
select ethernet and click on settings.
the FINS source network address is 0
the FINS destination network address is 1 as in my case and the node address is the address
of the HMI terminal, in my case it is 108.
Select the driver tab.
select the auto detect (on) AND change the ip address to the HMI ip address.
select ok, select ok again to get to the main transfer menu and select yes to start transferring.

When downloading to the HMI, use the same process, EXCEPT.
when the downloading to the HMI terminal, YOU MUST confirm the download transfer has been completed! this causes the HMI terminal to reboot and use the new program. ALSO, the HMI will not be used when downloading the program.

I hope this helps others with the same issue in the future.
james

Last edited: