Possible to Display floating point number on Omron NT631 screen

dansomerville

I am trying to display a floating point number on an NT631c. PLC is a CJ1M. I have allocated the floating point number to D112 and set the screen up to read this as 2 words. Not getting and results

I have not used that particular screen but if the software does not give you the option of setting up a floating point number it probably cannot display it.
Use the FIX or FIXL instruction in the PLC and turn the number into decimal.

i don't think it supports floating points. you should be able to convert them to long integers and just format numeric display to show decimal point in right place. for example to show the float with 3 places, multiply by 1000 and then convert to 32-bit integer. this will work ok if number stays more or less in same range (doesn't change more than few orders of magnitude).

The other option that you have is to use the FSTR (Floating Point to String) ladder instruction to convert the float value to a string, and then use a string display on the NT to show the value.
This instruction (and its inverse, FVAL) were originally created to allow the NT screens to show / enter floating point values.