Omron KEEP, SET and RSET?

Mr_B

Whats the difference in using the "KEEP" instruction or the "SET and RSET" one?

I was just wondering. Why would both be available. Is there functions one can do that the other won't be able to?

Both Keep and Set/Reset gives the same result.

The only difference I can think of is, you can control the position of set/reset in different scan zones with the set/reset instruction.

Another difference: KEEP it is always the reset that is dominant. With SET and RSET you can also make a set-dominant memory.

Kind regards,

Similar Topics

Hi, I am just starting with CX Programmer. I normally use RS Logix, Proworx, Directsoft-5, Click, etc. In looking at the available instructions I...
Replies
Views
on the TXD command how would I use this command to have a CIO input send ASCII text to comm port 2 to a Pelco camera system to pull up a camera...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Omron PLC KEEP instruction using an HR (holding Relay) memory address will hold information even when power to the PLC was off...
Replies
Views
Im programing a sequence with 3 pneumatic sylinders at school, can i just use the KEEP function and link it to 1.00 or something instead of doing...
Replies
Views
I've come across a system running omeron cx-programmer version 9.42. Am I going to need to find a legacy version of the software to edit and...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom