OMRON NT31C touch screen and CPM2A instructions

BJR

I work for an OEM and have used AB and GE for several years. This is my first experience with OMRON and things are going OK except for a couple of things. First of all, on the NT31C screen, I have created an alarm list. The alarm messages are working just fine. When the particular bit in the PLC comes on, the message shows on the screen. The major problem is that I have set all of them as an alarm and checked the "switch screen" box but the screen is not switching when the alarm goes off! What could I be doing wrong? These screens must switch automatically. That is what we usually do and that is what the customer wants so the operator will see the alarm no matter what screen is being displayed curretnly. As a last resort would I just use the Control/Notify addresses to do this on my own? I would really like to get the alarm list working properly though.

The second thing I will run into is needing to be able to "move" a number into a counter to change it's current value. In AB you would just move a constant into the counters accumulated address. Like MOV 7 t4:7.acc . I need to do this for the way we program machines. The counter steps through the sequence of operations and I need to "back up" a couple of steps if an operation does not get completed correctly and try part of it again and re-check. So if the counter has counted up to 7 say, I need to create a rung that will force a 5 back into the current counter value and be ready to keep counting from 5 again.

I appreciate any help I can get. The customer came in for the first runoff and these machines must be done by the end of this week!
Thank You

Re: Switch Screen checkbox
When the checkbox is selected, the line for the alarm contains a hidden touchswitch to switch to the specified screen. If you need the alarm to switch to an alarm screen, you will need to use MOV statements to the current screen to switch screens automatically.

RE:Setting counter current value with MOV statement. Use XFER command to send #1 word from DM to CTR.

Thanks for your help. You sure saved me a ton of frustration. The manual leaves something to be desired for the most part. I never understood screen switch was a hidden feature. I played around with everything and that sure is what it does. I guess that could be usefull but not what I need this time. I am going to change screens the way you suggested.

I figured out how to use the xfer command to change my counter the way I wanted and how to switch screens using another xfer command.

Thanks again :D

Do you know how I would display the current value of a counter in the PLC on the screen? I can't figure out what kind of object to put on the screen and how to set it up right.
thanks

oh, I got it now. I was in there but didn't think it was going to be right because of the "value" column. I thought I was triggering a fixed value to display like an alarm list. Plus I couldn't get a valid plc address in the setting either. It's confusing for them to call a counter address by cnt in the ladder and c in the tables and on the screen. Seeing the screen shot you sent me helped make sense of all of it. I guess it's been a long week and I'm out of ambition :oops:
thanks for your help it seems to be working

When you write your program you can use C(CNT) and T(TIM) and D(DM) and H(HR) and A(AR) as shortcuts.
Do you use Syswin ? or CX ?
In most cases you can write the address directly like 20000 it become 200.00 by the software.It may save you some work.

Good Luck