Omron NT600s Problem

Zygotic

Hi i'm new here and i'm not even sure if i'm in the right place.
At work i've been asked to see if i can fix the screen jn one of the roto molding machines (most the other machine use a pc running windows) this machine is different it the screen is blank showing nothing at all the screen is OMRON NT600S-ST211-EV3 which is touchscreen. Am i right in thinking its just bascially a touch screen and the box which its attached too which is OMRON Sysmac C200 H Programmable Controller is the sorta pc?
They are linked together with a RS-232C cable
We do not have a copy of the software that its running. If we just replaced the screen would all the software and programs be stored in the C200 H box? Also what kind of screen would i need?

i found this
http://shuangying-ocean.en.alibaba....th_controller_and_RS232_serial_Interface.html

would that do the job or am i barking up the wrong tree?

Probably barking up the wrong tree.

The C200H is a programmable controller. I guess you could say it would be comparable to the PC in your other machines.

The NT600S is an operator interface. Basically a display, but it does have a program loaded into it. The C200H also has a program.

The NT600S has been replaced by the NS10 series. You would need to extract the program from the NT600S and convert it to an NS program.

Omron CX-One software contains all the tools to support the C200H, NT600S and the NS series.

Word of warning, the C200H product was discontinued in 2001.
I would suggest you get that program backup up as soon as possible. I also think the NT600S was discontinued also.

Hope this helps.

These (OMRON NT600S-ST211-EV3) can still be acquired from various places.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Omron-N...240?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f29d786c0

There is a "POWER" LED indicator on the upper left corner on the front of the touch screen, is it lit?
If not, check for 24Vdc input power on the back of the touchscreen.

If there is power, there may be some kind of replaceable backlight for the touchscreen display, I can't remember.

Is the PLC (OMRON Sysmac C200 H Programmable Controller) on?

If not, check your 24Vdc power supply.

The link you provided, will not work.

The Power LED on both units is on. The display also has the Run LED on too
the machine is running fine but at the moment we cant change any of the settings (it controls an oven and cooling areas)

As JRB has suggested, it sounds like the backlight may be burned out.

That is a replaceable item. Omron part number NT600S-CFL01.

You can check with your local Omron distributor for price and availablity.

The manual for the NT600S is V022, link to manual below:

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=440

Instructions for changing the backlight are in the manual.

Hope this will help.